1) He was sexually aroused by fat women and weight gain
2) He asked me to gain weight, and when I declined, he accused me of suppressing/demonizing his sexuality, and damaging his psychosocial wellbeing
3) I regressed into eating disorder behavior, to justify my refusal
4) I lost so much weight so unhealthily that my hair started to fall out and my periods became erratic
5) There are many more details I am not comfortable revealing publicly, but after we finally separated, I was repulsed by all physical intimacy
Abuse comes in many forms. What scares me most is that sometimes the abuser doesn’t even know he’s doing it.
Incidentally, one of the only people I told was my GP, who said she didn’t “want to overstep professional boundaries, but…” Thank you for your unspoken words, it brought clarity regarding the insanity of the situation.